Dream Challenges

Dream Challenges
Life Changing Events

Thursday 12 November 2015

Why I decided to take on Trek Borneo...



Last week a group of challengers completed a trek across the stunning Malaysian Island of Borneo (high fives by the way team for completing the challenge). Why did they do this? Some for self achievement, some to see parts of the world from a different angle but most to raise money for a cause close to their hearts. 

We asked one of the trekkers before they left why they where taking on the challenge and what they where expecting. Here is what the wonderful Lisa Morton said...

 What inspired you to sign up…



I love a challenge and have done many events for charity....trekking in Peru, run 8 marathons, wing walking, sky diving, fire walking, school renovation projects in Brazil, Namibia and SA....the list goes on!  I have chosen to raise money for Charlotte through Tree of Hope as she is my friend's neighbour and she has already persuaded me to do a trek in July in the UK for her charity so I decided to do raise money from the Borneo trek for her too.

What you are most excited about…



I love visiting new places and meeting new people.  I hope to make some new lifelong friends and have an amazing experience trekking.

What you are most nervous about…



Spiders and creepy crawlies I am fine with, the high altitude is my biggest worry! 

Are you doing any training?


I am really into fitness.  I do boot camp 2/3 days a week, I do pole fitness classes at least once a week and go to yoga when I can.  I also enjoy running and recently ran the London Marathon.


If asked what would your friends say you will be best at during the challenge?

Encouraging people to keep going and checking everyone is OK! 

Charlotte's Story... 



If you want to find out more about Charlottes story please visit the following link for all the details:  http://www.treeofhope.org.uk/charlotte-loves-to-dance/ 


To find out more on whay Lisa has decided to take on three challenges for Charlotte please visit:  https://www.justgiving.com/myfandanceforcharlotte/



Feel Inspired? To find out more about Dream Challenges events please visit the website or contact us directly: 

1 comment:

  1. Congratulation on taking part in treck borneo it must be an amazing achievement. Your story is inspiring and I would love to do something like that in the future. Charlotte looks like a cute little girl and its great that you can raise money for her charity. Good luck with your next challenge if you decide to take part in one.

    Catarina @ Wild Fitness

    ReplyDelete