Dream Challenges

Dream Challenges
Life Changing Events

Saturday 15 August 2015

Meet the Team...

Over the coming weeks we will be posting two minute interviews with the people behind the scenes that make all our challenges happen. So here is round one of an insight into the wonderful team challenge. 

First up is Chrissy...

 I have worked for Action for Charity since January this year as the operations assistant, so I do a lot of booking and organisation for our UK Challenges. Such as Ride the Night which is our epic women only night bike ride through London.

This photo was taken at our Race the Sun Brecon Beacons, which is a team challenge event. It is a long day but we make it fun and seeing the teams complete the challenge makes the hard work worth it. 


What did you do before joining the team?

I did sports at college and went on to do a summer season in the south of France teaching windsurfing, sailing, kayaking and mountain biking. My return to the UK was perfect timing as I saw this job advertised so I went for it and here I am.

 
Tell us what your favourite event is that you have been on? 

So far my favourite event has been Ride the Night 2015, the atmosphere is incredible. Everyone is on such a high and proud of their fundraising efforts for cancer charities. It is lots of fun.

In October this year I am going on my first overseas event Women V Cancer Cycle Africa. We will cycle with a group of women across rural Tanzania. The route looks stunning.
Do you have any favourite moments from events?

My favourite moments so far have been the awards ceremonies at the end of the UK events, it is always so nice to see so many people come back to see the results and the awards. Even if some people know they have not won an award they love to come to celebrate with everyone the achievement of completing the challenge.

What would be your dream challenge?

I would love to do the 3 volcano challenge that Action for charity and dream challenges did a few years ago.

Tell us something random about you…

My favourite colour is Pink, pizza topping is Salami and chilli. Something I am scared of is…Ladybirds.

To find out more about Dream Challenges events please visit the website or contact us directly: 




No comments:

Post a Comment